Here are five things to keep in mind while shopping for shapewear:
- Constriction: The level of constriction can mean the difference between just creating smooth lines and a full figure transformation. The higher the percentage of nylon a garment has, the more shape altering it will be. While most tags will state the constriction level, you can also check the fabrication for a better idea. The thicker fabric has compressions zones, such as in your midsection or hips, to pull your body into shape.
- Size: It’s tempting to size down in the hopes of sucking everything in a bit tighter, but resist the urge! Have a proper fitting and buy the correct size to avoid discomfort and extra bulge from the ill-fitting garment.
- Waist Rise: If opting for separates, like a button-up and pencil skirt pairing, a high-rise shapewear is the best bet. This will create smooth lines from your torso to your hips.
- Fabrication: Adding an extra layer under your clothes can also mean adding an extra layer of heat. Avoid the added warmth by choosing a cotton blend for breathability.
- Full body suit: A full body suit will offer the ultimate uniformity in shape all over. Plus it will save you the trouble of finding separates that all work together.
What do you think about shapewear? Tell us in the comments below!